Site Network: Jeff Emanuel | RedState | Human Events | American Spectator | Peach Pundit | The Patriot Group |




 

Welcome to the official website of columnist and combat journalist Jeff Emanuel.

Click the tabs for biographical information, column archives, a regularly-updated blog, embedded reports from Iraq, and information on current projects.



Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

2/15/2008

Well, the teaser trailer for the May 22-released fourth Indiana Jones film is out. View it for yourself below.




Thoughts? My first reaction was: he looks -- and especially sounds -- really, really old. My overall first thought was, "Meh." I know, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

As an archaeophile of sorts -- my area of academic emphasis was, after all, in Classical Archaeology -- I'm naturally drawn to this franchise. After all, it's a world-saving, action-hero archaeologist; what's not to like? That being said, the films that worked in the past featured two major things: a Harrison Ford in his Han Solo, action-hero prime, and a Biblical artifact-based storyline. A title like "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" sounds to me like something that will be far closer to "Temple of Doom" than to "Raiders" or "The Last Crusade."


Here's hoping I'm wrong, though.

Labels:

Permalink |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home