Site Network: Jeff Emanuel | RedState | Human Events | American Spectator | Peach Pundit | The Patriot Group |




 

Welcome to the official website of columnist and combat journalist Jeff Emanuel.

Click the tabs for biographical information, column archives, a regularly-updated blog, embedded reports from Iraq, and information on current projects.



Trip to Iraq: Greetings from an Undisclosed Location!

Greetings all,

Well, a lo-o-o-ong day of travel is finally over. Beginning at 445am Sunday morning in Atlanta, the 30-hr travel day finally ended when I hit the ground in Kuwait this afternoon around 5pm Baghdad Time (10am EDT). I am now at an undisclosed location waiting on passport processing and then an open seat on a C-130 to Baghdad International Airport (BIAP). I hope to be in-country by early afternoon local time, at which point I'll be checking in with the MNF-I folks and then getting the show on the road.

There are no interviews, photos, or videos allowed to be taken here at the transit location in Kuwait, so the real reportage won't start until tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to getting the scoop on the ground, both from folks who have been in the thick of things for a while, and from my own perspective. Preliminarily, the plan is to be at higher headquarters for a couple days speaking with the bigwigs and seeing the sights, and then to get down to the lowest echelon possible and to get out on patrols and missions with the folks who are doing the real grunt work.

Victoria/AE will be a couple days behind me getting out here, and I'm sure she will update you all when her boots hit the ground, as well.

Thanks so much for your support, and take care. I look forward to communicating with you all as much as possible over the next few weeks.

Permalink |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home